I’m joining up with the Love on Your Husbands Revolution (that’s just what I’m calling it) going on over at The Happy Wives Club where they are asking us to blog about “Why I Love My Husband.”
Clint and I have certainly had our share of ups and downs in our relationship but that is often what helps solidify lasting love. We have been through thick and thin. We’ve had great highs and extreme lows. And we are still running the race together.
So, here is my (ever growing) list of reasons why I love my husband:
1) He loves to cuddle. The man is a great spooner. There’s nobody I’d rather be cuddling with on a cold winters night. He’s got the body temp of like 110 degrees.
2) He’s multi-talented… and the list keeps growing. He has taught himself to play the guitar and drums and is insanely good at golf. Just to name a few.
3) He’s an encourager. Everyone has strengths and gifts. This is his. He’s optimistic and has a good word for everyone.
4) He’s very driven. He’s made a career change and is trucking along for his PhD. When he puts his mind to it, nothing stops him. That kind of mentality is very contagious!
5) He’s passionate. The man puts 150% into everything he does. He doesn’t just pick up a hobby, he reads up on it, watches videos about it, practices it until he gets it.
6) He takes an interest in our home. He cares about the cleanliness (or lack thereof) and he cares about the decorations. He’ll often come up with great recipe ideas for our family for dinner too.
7) He compliments me well. We are very opposite in a lot of ways. And that’s a good thing. It allows him to be strong in places I’m weak and vice versa. It also keeps our marriage fresh. With two personalities, two opinions, two ways of looking at things, you never know how the day is going to go!
8) He gets me thinking. We are able to have great conversations. We don’t always agree but that’s okay. Our conversations are politically and religiously charged at times but they are intellectually stimulating and hopefully get both of us thinking about the other perspectives that are out there.
9) He’s a dreamer. He’s always thinking 2, 5, 10, 25 years ahead. Things he wants to do, places we want to travel, things we want to accomplish.
10) He’s a great dishwasher. He may save the occasional pan for me, but he sure knows how to load a dishwasher and how to wash by hand. When he does it, everything is spotless.
11) He shows me love in some way every day. Texts, kisses, hugs, cuddles. They all build up the love bank.
12) He lets me wear (ok, keep) his sweatshirts. I mean, once I wear them, they are technically mine right?
13) He wants to spend time with me. This makes me feel desired. As a person. It doesn’t matter if it’s just running an errand to Walmart. He’ll say, “I’m coming with!”
14) He’s taught me the true meaning of forgiveness and grace. They aren’t easy things to put into practice but they are necessary. And our ability to give those things to each other in our marriage has been very freeing.
15) He makes me laugh. The guy makes me laugh the “tears rolling down my face, clutching my tummy ache, can’t breathe, snorting so hard it hurts my nose” laugh on a regular basis. He will gauge how funny he was by how many snorts he can get out of me.
What is one thing you love about your husband?